FREE Award in Dementia course to kickstart your career
Are you passionate about making a positive difference in the lives of those living with dementia? Are you looking to turn that passion into a career? Our free course gives you the knowledge and skills you need todo just that.
Our three-month course supports to you develop the skills and knowledge essential for supporting individuals living with dementia. You’ll learn to identify crucial symptoms, gain insights into dementia diagnosis, and discover valuable tips for creating meaningful adaptations in a person’s home and lifestyle to make everyday living easier.
You don’t need any formal qualifications to start however, you must be working or volunteering for at least 6 hours per week in health and social care to apply and not be on any other government funded course. Gain a qualification and kickstart your career today by applying for our free Level 2 Award in Awareness of Dementia.
What will you learn?
- Dementia awareness
- The person-centred approach to the care and support of individuals with dementia
- Understand the factors that can influence communication and interaction with individuals who have dementia
- Understand equality, diversity and inclusion in dementia care
All studied for this course are conducted online only.
- L2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship
- L3 Lead Adult care Worker Apprenticeship
- Currently live in England
- Resident in the UK/EU for 3+ years, for purposes other than study
- Must be aged 19+
- Must not be on an apprenticeship